Workshops designed to bring professional tutors and students together in a friendly, fun and safe environment.
Each month, we run an amazing programme of workshops, designed to help aspiring performers develop and hone all of the skills needed to perform in pantomime. You can sign up to these workshops for just £9 per session, or you can book 12 sessions for just £90. (a saving of £18) We email out the information about forthcoming workshops, which you can attend as many or as few as you wish.
If you have an area of Pantomime you are specifically interested in, then you can book a 1-2-1 mentoring session with a tutor to aid your personal development in that area. This may be comedy, script writing, character development, or any of the other subjects that British Pantomime Academy covers. 1-2-1 mentoring costs just £15 per hour and is a fantastic opportunity to be guided by panto professionals to help enhance your skills.
We offer a great range of one-off Masterclasses in a whole range of subjects, such as circus skills, costume characters, Ventriloquism, cartooning and much more. The Masterclasses are run by tutors who are experts in their respective fields, and are only £15 for a 60 minute session. Make sure you are signed up to our email mailing list to get details of all of our great Masterclasses.
- Thu, 06 MayCore Workshop06 May, 16:00Core WorkshopWe are so excited to announce Shelley Rivers as a new tutor with British Pantomime Academy! Shelley is a sensational classical and musical theatre singer who has performed nationally and internationally, and is now bringing her vocal expertise to the students of BPA. Join her as she shares her top t
- Wed, 12 MayCore Workshop12 May, 16:00Core WorkshopAs a director Eric has worked on over thirty pantomime productions, so has a wealth of information and advice about directing pantomimes. Even if you aren’t a budding director, its always handy to know what directors of professional pantomimes look for in their casting and rehearsal rooms.
- Fri, 14 MayOnline Workshop
- Mon, 17 MayCore Workshop17 May, 16:00Core WorkshopFollowing on from his brilliant “inside the comedy mind” workshop in April, join Kev Orkian as he shares more of his insights into comedy in pantomime, and how to get the best out of every role you play! Kevs endless energy and passion for pantomime makes him the ideal comic lead.
- Wed, 19 MayOnline Workshop19 May, 16:00Online WorkshopJoin the wonderful Shelley Rivers as she shares her experiences of playing the Principal Girl. From “Cinderella” to “Jill Goose” Shelley has a wealth of experience in pantomime, and this workshop is a must for anyone who wants to understand the importance of the principal girl role.
- Mon, 24 MayOnline Workshop
- Wed, 26 MayOnline Workshop26 May, 16:00Online WorkshopPaul Burnham-Allan is the second amazing new tutor we are thrilled to announce for our May workshops! Paul has played in over 17 panto’s, as well as creating his own kids tv show for CBBC and performing in many theatre shows. Paul knows the importance of having a “Unique Selling Point”
- Fri, 28 MayOnline Workshop28 May, 16:00Online WorkshopJonnys “Acting through song” workshops have been a huge hit with BPA students, and this month Jonny is exploring Pop songs! Many pantomimes use current chart hits as a way to keep audiences entertained, and the pantomimes up to date, so how do you make a well known song your own?
- Mon, 31 MayOnline Workshop31 May, 16:00Online WorkshopThere is a fine line to be walked when it comes to Pantomime comedy, how cheeky can you be without offending an audience? What is the line between innuendo and smut? “Its not what you say, it’s the way that you say it” explores these questions and more, and how to deliver a cheeky character.